PROGRAMMES OF SSMP:
The following are some of the regular programmes
of SSMP normally held in any year, apart from programmes planned on special occasions:
1. Humorous Poem writing and
recitation COMPETITION - sometime during JANUARY;.
2. PURANDHARA/THYAGARAJA AARADHANE Celebrations [Musical Programme]
- in FEBRUARY
3. TALENTS DAY for SSMP Members and Annual General Body Meeting - sometime in MARCH;
for Ladies and ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS of SSMP - in APRIL.
5. CULTURAL PROGRAMMES for ladies and Prize Distribution
- in APRIL;
6. ANNUAL AWARDS - State Level Competitions and Awards in one of the many areas of SSMP activities.
Environmental Awareness Program and competitions;
8. DASARA DOLLS and HOME GARDEN SHOW COMPETITINS during World famous
Mysore Dasara in OCTOBER.
9. Sports and literary/music competition for children prior to Kannada Rajyothsava and ChildrenīS
Day - NOVEMBER;
10. COMPETITION for ladies in literature, music, etc.;
11. WELCOME TO NEW YEAR PROGRAMME and
RELEASE OF NEW YEAR CALENDAR in DECEMBER.
12. Any other programme of topical and seasonal significance.
In addition, the following programmes have been and are being scheduled every year:
WOMEN COUNSELING CENTER: ...
A STHREE SHAKTHI Center under the auspices of SSMP has been started
to help ladies to overcome the burning problems they face in life such as the DOWRY DRACULA [which is very much prevalent
in India], ~initial marital problems" such as difference of opinion among newly weds, ~household problems", and so on and
RELEASE OF BOOKS/CASSETTES:
also undertakes RELEASE OF BOOKS/CASSETTES, etc - collection of poems, collection of short stories, novels and audio/video
cassettes, during its popular and major programmes, in presence of invited dignitaries.
SSMP also undertakes RELEASE OF BOOKS authored by STHREE SHAKTHIs and others who wish to get their books released through
SSMP, in its regular celebrations on payment of registration fee. In addition to releasing the book, the author will be felicitated.
The author has to fill in a form at SSMP Office
and get their names registered along with a fee of Rs.1,500 and TEN copies
of the publication. Details can be had from the PRATHISHTANA PRESIDENT, Sthree Shakthi S.MANGALA SATYAN on Phone No.91-821-2462310
or Mobile: 94484 34550
NAMMA MANEGE BANNI [~Please come to our House"]
Starting from DECEMBER 2003, the STHREE SHAKTHI MAHILA PRATHISHTANA has started a monthly varietal literary-cultural
programme at the residences of members/interested ladies who invite SSMP to their places for the purpose. The idea behind
this is to train members of SSMP [we identify the members as STHREE SHAKTHIs] to manage the stage part of any programme at
ease. Also the Prathishtana will be easily accessible to all interested in the City who wish to join the STHREE SHAKTHI FAMILY.